Sunday, May 2, 2010

Beach Towel for the Slightly Goth Chic

I have so many things to blog about. Unfortunately they have all been pushed aside since I am good at procrastinating.

Anyhow, I wanted to post pictures of this awesome towel I finished about a month ago for my niece. The lighting was not the best, and I think Black is hard to photograph with a cheap camera.
I love the way it turned out. Before making this towel I asked my niece who just turned 17 what she is into or would like that is handmade. I was afraid she might think something handmade was silly.

She wanted something a little edgy and slightly goth. So I took her favorite colors purple, black, lime green, and mixed them up.
I used this Amy Butler's Nigella Quilt free pattern download and shrunk it to fit my small block. You can find it here along with several other awesome free patterns. The letters were a pain, however, they were worth it because I love love love them.

Anyhow, I think she liked it a lot. Even if she didn't, I know I did.

I will be adding several other finished projects to the blog later this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails